Monday, July 6, 2009

I Like ME Best When I’m With You!

I read once where “I like me best when I’m with you” is the greatest compliment you can give to another person. Think for a minute about the people or groups of people that make you feel that way. Your time together is always joyful…just a warm fuzzy feeling.

At Convention I talked about the feeling that we have when we’re all together. There’s just nothing like it. You can’t really describe it; you have to experience it. And you can’t quantify the value because the feeling is priceless! We often compare Convention to a family reunion but it’s much more than that.

This year we saw what can be done in spite of all the bad news about the economy and the sea of negativity we are pounded with almost daily. The Awards Night ceremony was inspirational because others would say what they accomplished would be impossible in this economy and our Top Achievers proved that all things are possible with the right attitude and actions!

As I was traveling on the highway yesterday, I heard a commentary on the radio about shutting out all the media negativity and surrounding yourself with positive people and positive activities. (Of course, it did occur to me that the radio is part of the media, but I didn’t shut the radio off and continued to listen!) Wow! That just describes the Signature HomeStyles experience…the opportunity to be surrounded by positive people and doing Shows in a positive environment!

Part of being successful is learning to shut out the negative and find the source to fuel the positive. It’s taking that feeling when you can say, “I like me best when I’m with you” and strategizing ways to sustain that feeling and turning it into action.

The news may scare us, but it can’t stop us!

The negativity may persist, but positive action will always win!

When one door closes, another door opens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like me best because I AM YOU!
Sorta. My name is Madolyn, too!
Wouldn't you just know that at age 71, I finally figured out what I want to do when I grow up. I want to be a inspirational humorous writer and in the middle of the night I thought "how hard is it to blog?" So wandering around google, I looked to see if anyone had a site called "Madolyn....." and sure enough. There you are.
Hmmm! Guess I'll practice in print for a while. I spent all my life trying to explain that the spelling of my name was my Mother's fault - working on family genealogy, I found that wasn't true and that my name was a mistake by a cousin! She named her dau. after my grandma Mattie, except they always pronounced it Maddie, thus Mad-olyn. How did you come by yours, do you know?
Nice connecting with you and I can see that your blog is a great success just like your life.
Madolyn in Virginia