Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Great Habits to Have!

“What’s your favorite basket?” I’m often asked that question so here goes…

It’s really hard to beat the Divided Caddies in our product line. I love the Signature Collection Divided Caddy because I can leave it on the counter and it looks great and I can easily tuck it away when company’s coming. I use them to organize hair products in the bathroom, office supplies by my desk, and kitchen stuff under the sink. Once you have one, you always find uses for lots more!





The same is true of the Storage Basket which is another one of my favorites. I have reorganized my closets with the new Classic Collection baskets and I love them! I have everything that used to be messy on my shelves neatly stored and labeled with our Classic Label Pockets. The Signature Collection Storage Basket is great for places where you can see it. I use it to hold magazines and work-related reading materials for those ‘spare moments’ when I’m trying to catch up. They always look beautiful in any room of my house and I can easily tote them from room-to-room.
And I love the Small Rectangular Caddies. We used to call them cracker baskets because they are the perfect shape to serve crackers. But now they are used everywhere to organize just about anything so I have them all over the house. I use the Signature Collection caddies in my pantry and I have the Classic Collection caddies in lots of drawers! It’s so easy to find everything that’s in the drawer. I think everybody has at least one junk drawer that can be made sane with these caddies!

Baskets have just been such a great help to me for every stage of my life. I got started using them when Cari was just a baby. There were so many little things that needed to be close at hand. When I went shopping I could find products that would neatly organize all her ‘stuff,’ but nothing coordinated or it was just plain ugly. I also wanted to be able to tote things from room-to-room of our small apartment.

When I started the business, I figured other people probably had the same challenges so I created the product line around the need for organization in my own home and in my life! Somehow as Cari grew, the size and volume of her ‘stuff’ grew too! You all know the challenges…toys everywhere and enough stuffed animals to start your own carnival!

When Cari and Cathi were little, they each had a Divided Caddy near their bed. It stored whatever was most important to carry with them at the time. For awhile they would take a particular small stuffed animal or a favorite book and then they would change to other toys. The basket went everywhere from room-to-room in the house and then to the car so they had their favorites things with them wherever we went. They felt very important to have their own basket!

All through grade school they knew where to put their school papers and important papers for me to read…of course, a Signature Collection Storage Basket! And I still have a huge wicker trunk full of math and spelling papers as well as beautiful works of art from those precious years.
During their teen years baskets helped to keep things somewhat sane in their rooms. I found out years later that Cathi had baskets under her bed with notes from her friends stored in them! She shared with me that she sometimes stashed candy bars so nobody else would eat them! I guess having special things in special baskets became a good habit to have!

And the legacy lives on! When my granddaughter Ashley was old enough to sit up, Cathi sent me a picture of her in our old country Carryall. At Cari’s house there are four Classic Cubes in front of the couch making a great ottoman or coffee table. But the kids know that stored inside are their toys and they each have their own special Cube!

Having places to put things is half the battle to keeping everything in its place and our Signature HomeStyles baskets have not just helped to keep our home organized, they have created habits that are being passed down to the next generation!

I would love to hear what your favorite basket is and some of your favorite ‘basket stories.’ We always say that Signature HomeStyles is where old traditions are celebrated and new traditions are born. What are yours?

2 comments:

Jennell Barrows said...

I love this article Madolyn! It's awesome how Signature has enriched your life and I am experiencing that now with my children.

Jennell

Anonymous said...

Hi Madolyn,
Happy New Year!
Just read your blog for the first time and it was wonderful and very inspirational!
I hope to see more blogs from you on a more regular basis, it looks as though this one was way back in Aug. 09' to few and far between :(
God bless you and your family and everyone with Signature HomeStyles in 2010!
Warmest Regards,
Kelli